The beautiful, natural environment in which our venue is set has always been important both for us and our clients. We have now achieved ISO14001, the interntionally accreditation for Environmental Management. This means that everything we do is done with consideration for our natural environment and all staff at Roffey Park are committed to these goals.
Recent progress with accreditation includes:
- We purchase the majority of our food fresh from high quality, local suppliers cutting down on delivery miles.
- Everything we serve is freshly prepared by our own team of Chefs and from our own kitchen garden which supplies salad, vegetables and flowers for our venue.
- We have teamed up with local Horsham brewer Hepworth’s to serve their award winning beers and organic lager.
- We are exploring the possibilities of introducing sustainable energy solutions such as air source heat pumps, solar panels, sensor systems, LED lighting, water reduction systems, heating optimisation controls and an advanced building management system all to help reduce our energy consumption.
- We have an ongoing tree replanting programme within our forty acres of grounds, have installed owl boxes, planted wild flowers and restored our natural pond to encourage wildlife to flourish.
- Technology helps reduce our reliance on printed paper and cuts down travel miles and our procurement policy ensures we buy form like minded suppliers.